Before you have plans done for the electrics here are some things you should consider:
- The kitchen has the most appliances. Kettles, toasters, dishwashers and microwaves to name a few. We would highly recommend that you have a dedicated power circuit for the kitchen
- As with the kitchen, the laundry typically has the washing machine and a tumble dryer. We would also recommend that the laundry has a dedicated power circuit.
- Decide if you need a single-phase supply to the property or a three phase. This will be dependent on the load you will be drawing and the systems you wish to install.
- New builds should now have an RCBO breaker as a form of protection on all circuits. This should be a well-known brand such as Clipsal.
- Have the main board in a location whereby at a later date, should it be required, cables can easily be run to the main board.
Make sure you consider the maximum permissible run lengths for each type of cable.
- It is always easier to install while the property is under construction. If possible, make sure you have everything you need. Power points in all locations, do you need power for an alarm or the NBN? Security lighting?
- Will you be installing fans at a later date, if so install wooden battens where the fans will be located and if wall controllers are desired run the required cables.
- When wiring the lighting circuit insist on 1.5mm cables being used not 1.0mm.
Consider the size of cooking appliances so the correct size cable can be installed.
These are just a few of the items that need to be considered but there are many more. Mastin Electrical would be more than happy to sit down with you and go through all of the various options.